The mainstream nutritional guidelines are instructing Americans to consume soy and soy milk, even though the evidence against it is numerous. Not only that it`s not a healthier choice, drinking soy milk can have serious consequences on your health.
What are the ingredients in soy milk:
- Soymilk (filtered water and whole soybeans)
- Cane sugar
- Sea salt
- Natural flavor
- Calcium carbonate
- Vitamin A Palmitate
- Vitamin D2
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Vitamin B12
Here are the top 10 reasons why you should avoid drinking soy milk:
1. Soy increases the need for vitamin B12 and D
2. 99% of soy in the whole world is GMO and it is one of the most contaminated foods with pesticides
3. Soybeans are high in natural toxins, otherwise called anti-nutrients. Woman`s menstrual cycle can be changes significantly by drinking 2 glasses of soy milk every day.
4. Soy contains toxic isoflavones, like genistein and daidzein, which can stimulate the growth of existing breast cancer.
5. Soy contains phytoestrogen, which disrupts the function of the endocrine system, resulting in breasts cancer in women as well as infertility.
6. It contains a compound very similar to vitamin B12, which the body cannot process, so it can cause B12 deficiency.
7. Soy proteins are very fragile, and when exposed to high temperatures, they become dangerous for human digestion.
8. Soy and soy food contain high levels of toxic aluminum, which has negative effects on the nervous system and the kidney. Also it has been linked to the onset of Alzheimer`s.
9. Soybeans and products which contain them have high levels of phytic acid, known for obstructing absorption of calcium, iron, zinc, copper and magnesium.
10. Soybeans contain a clot-promoting substance called haemagglutinin, which is causing clumping of the red blood cells.
Scientific studies have shown that carrageenan found in soybeans can cause gastrointestinal inflammation, lesions, ulcerations, even colon cancer, in lab mice. The American Diabetes Association has funded some recent studies which linked the consumption of carrageenan to insulin resistance in lab mice, as well as intolerance to glucose.